God was in my class today!

It was with a heavy heart I reported to my class today. Since the day I finished checking the midterm papers of my students at the college, I struggled with discouragement due to the fact that my students did not do well in the exams. I searched my heart and wondered ...Was there something I did that led to the students doing poorly in the exams?...As I searched...and waited on the Lord, I became increasingly aware of His wonderful love for me. There was no voice of condemnation....no blame...only words of affirmation...You have done well Elsie...There is nothing you did that was wrong...You have toiled and labored and done your part well...God's encouragement empowered me to face my class today. Delivering the not so good news to my class was painful! By God's grace I got through it though.

After a brief break I started off with the lesson for the day -- God's immanence and transcendence..... Towards the end of my lecture, I led the class in a word of prayer..As I did, a beautiful thing happened---God's presence fell upon me and I started crying overwhelmed by His great love.In the midst of the discouragement, God was present....flooding my soul with His awesome warmth. In the midst of negative feedback...my God embraced me with His loving arms. It was like God telling me...Hey Elsie....Look here I am with you...I am not far away....but I am here right with you loving you. Thankfully there was enough tissue paper stashed under the podium in the class so I was able to wipe my tears away.....God was definitely in my class today...and that sure made my day! Thank you Lord!

Comments

  1. Amen.

    Sometimes we have to remember as teachers, we can open the door, but the students have to come in by themselves. I am positive you are doing a great job Elsie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the word of encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the presence of God when...?

God's Most Valuable Slave

Dwell in my presence "Part 4"