Dwell in my presence "Part 4"

After teaching two 2-hour classes today, I have to admit I feel a bit exhausted. The thought of heading to the  apartment where I stay while here in Oakland to stretch out on the sofa and put up my tired feet, perhaps snack on juicy and yummy strawberries in the refrigerator is very tempting. But I haven't had the chance to have quiet time today. So hereI am sitting in the quietness of the library blogging...checking out more meaning of the word dwell and wondering what new thing God has in store for me....Then there it was...staring right in front of me....the Hebrew word for dwell "shakan" also means to cause to or make to dwell, or to cause to have habitation, or to cause to lay, or to cause to rest.

The phrase "to cause" implies a decision to exhort myself to "dwell in God's presence". It involves the process of allowing my mind to refocus from my sense of weariness to God. Psalm 42:1 comes to mind "As the deer pants for the streams of water, so my soul thirsts for God, for the living God." My study of this passage has shown me that one of the attributes of a deer is that in a hunt it runs to the water to drink water. After it gets hydrated it swims to the middle of the river and there it floats with just its nose sticking out above the water's surface. Surrounded by the water the deer sits still until its enemy walks away. Submerged in the water the deer finds refuge.  Instinctively the deer knows where to go in times of trouble. In times of weariness, I too must know that it is in God's presence that I will find the refreshing, help, and refuge I need. Therefore no matter how tired I am, I am to "cause" myself to dwell in God's presence. Like the deer I must run into the loving arms of God and submerge myself in His love. Surrounded by His presence I will find protection from my enemies. Like the dear I must learn to "float still", look up to my Maker until my "enemies" walk away.

I cannot help smiling as I meditated on this exhortation from the Lord. Such perfect timing! God knows that around this time of the day I would be sitting in the library exhausted and right on cue He whispers to me...Elsie come here let me show you something...then He opens this amazing instruction and humbles me to learn from the way of a deer. 

Thank you Lord for filling my soul once again. Thank you for the rest I find in you. Thank you for the grace you have given me to run to you today despite my physical tiredness. You are so awesome and I thank you so very much.

Comments

  1. Hi Ma'am Elsie,

    I am blessed with all your posts. I am following you now so that I will be able to read all your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Litlit. Feel free to share my blog link to others as you feel led. Blogging my meditations has been a greet blessing to me too. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hay ate... naiyak naman ako ;) thank you for sharing your heart with us as our Father reveals himself to you! I am more encouraged now to be still and to submerge myself in His Presence. I love it! Love ya! God bless! cha lecaros :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cha. I am happy to share God's blessings with you. God bless you and keep dwelling in His presence. Love you too. Ate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the presence of God when...?

God's Most Valuable Slave