Breaking Forth

The vision of a flower breaking forth through the cracks of a hard ground came to mind today. Sometime in the past, I actually witnessed such an occurrence. I remembered watching the dainty solitary flower screaming its yellow color out to me as if giving out a shout of victory. I remember thinking, Wow! Such perseverance!  Hardness surrounded this thing of beauty and people walked that same hardness around the tiny bloom. Then I realized God was speaking to me. Today God reminded me of the truth that pressures around me and hardness of heart around me need not stop me from blooming. In fact it is during adverse times that one learns to persevere. Romans 3:5-3 comes to mind
"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
It is amazing how much God teaches through adversity. I realized that adversity is God's servant because it produces in me character. Not only that, it also drives me to my knees in prayer. It is God's lasso to bring me into in humble and loving submission to His will. For this I shall always be grateful to Him. 

Comments

  1. Thanks SRL and thanks for following my blog as well. Feel free to share it as you feel led by the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the presence of God when...?

Dwell in my presence "Part 4"

God's Most Valuable Slave