2015: A year of rest and deliverance

 “On the fifteenth day of that month the LORD's Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast.
Leviticus 23:6

God commanded the Israelites to celebrate the Feast of Unleavened Bread on the 15th day of the first Hebrew month (Nisan) which ushered Israel into a season of rest. This season of rest came after God delivered Israel out of 430 years of Egyptian captivity (Exo:12:17; 40-42).


2015 indeed was a year when God ushered me into a season of deliverance and rest. It was a year when God cancelled all our debts, and was able to live practicing the 70,20,10 principle again. It was also a year of many opportunities, travels and busyness in the Kingdom work. As I went about God's business He taught me that rest is a possibility if I will only believe  because deliverance and rest come to those who truly believe that God “exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him” (Heb.11:6). It was a season of learning to truly walk in faith a time when I truly learned that regardless of how crazy my life gets, I can enter rest if I face each task, each day, each challenge, each adversity, each joyful event in faith.  This is apparent in Hebrews 3 where the writer of Hebrews testifies that it was because of Israel’s unbelief and rebellion, that they never really entered a season of rest. So for the year that was, I thank you Lord. You truly caused Todd and I to be fruitful in you. While 2015 definitely had its share of challenges, through it all, God encouraged us to press on in faith and to continue to rest in Him as we do so.  As a result 2015 became a year that we accomplished the following:
  1. Publication of Todd's novel "the Bleeding Door"
  2. publication of my dissertation in book form
  3. Read through the Bible as a couple
  4. Todd successfully completed his MA in History
Above all I am grateful to God for the protection He has provided us throughout our travels visiting SUM cohorts. I thank Him for the words He has given me to minister to anyone he desired for me to minister to. So many things to be grateful to God to.  I am just grateful for the year that was and in faith I welcome 2016. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the presence of God when...?

God's Most Valuable Slave

Dwell in my presence "Part 4"